I've read Dont Make Me Think, a great book about web usability. Based on this I made some small but important updates:
- Added a logo. As user expect it at top-left of the website.
- Highlight the current page in the menu bar. So user know where they are in the page (orientation), and to make the page hierarchy clear.
- Removed some unecessary blabla from the homepage, and moved it to the About page. Most people do not care about it. It should be like a billboard.
- Tried to make the Login page simpler. A common problem in websites, as you need to consider various states: Logged in, have an account, do not have an account, etc.
Next up is applying the learned things on the Container terminal overview.
And to apply the following basics:
- Make things which are clickable obviously clickable
- More paragraphs in writeups
- Add a "ghost terminal" and the writeups, so its clear what will appear